Monday, April 9, 2018

God Will Bring You Through

For several days, I've been singing the song "He'll Bring You Through."  Kim Collingsworth wrote the words and the music to it.  It just stuck with me.  I purchased the music sheet from their website and kept playing the piano and singing along with it. 

I looked for verses that will go along with this song: 
Psalm 46:1-3 "God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. 
Therefore will not we fear, though the earth be remove, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea;
Though the waters thereof roar and be troubled, though the mountains shake with the swelling thereof. Selah

Psalm 3:3-4 "But thou, O Lord, art a shield for me; my glory, and the lifter up of mine head.
I cried unto the Lord with my voice, and he heard me out of his holy hill. Selah

What a comfort.  I will share with you the lyrics to this song, and I hope and pray that if you are going through a storm in your life right now that you will look up to our God of refuge and strength.

1. When my world is shaken
and I face the fear of the unknown,
Things seem dark all around me
as I reach out for some ray of hope.
It's then I feel His arms around me
and hear Him gently say, "Child, I am here.
I know the plan that I have made for you,
just trust Me, there's no need to fear.

CHORUS:
He'll bring you through whatever you face.
There's not a problem too big, or a mountain so high
that He won't go with you, walk by your side.
He'll roll you over the tide when the storms threaten your very life.
He'll keep His promise, my friend.
He'll bring you through.

2. So when the burdens weigh you down
and the storms hover low all around you,
And the clouds over head
fill your mind with doubt and despair.
Lean back and rest on the One
Who has promised He will never leave you
He's in control of your storm, my friend and
He'll bring you through.


No comments:

Post a Comment