Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Possess What You Profess


Photo from Family Calendar
There are times that I can put into writing right away what's in my mind. But sometimes it takes several days to put it together.  Anyways, here is what I've been pondering these several days.

Have you ever said a lie?  I can safely say that every one of us has told a lie here and there.  Bad lie, a white lie or whatever lie it was, we professed something but didn't have the truth to back it up.

I have another question.  Have you ever suffered the consequence of telling a lie?  I sure did! I wan't a good liar, and I got found out real quick! From my grandparents, aunts and uncles and my parents, they made sure that I wouldn't be good at it! I assure you that it wasn't fun!  It was much better to tell the truth. When I had my children, the value of telling the truth gained much more weight.  I didn't want to be lied to.  I want to be able to trust them.  I want them to learn the value of truth.

We think it is awful when someone lies to us.  But we do it and have done it many times in our lives!  When I profess to be something that I'm not, in disappointment, you will dab me as 'double faced,' 'hypocrite,' Pharisee,' or a 'phony.'  Not maybe to my face but the thought will cross your mind.

John 1:12 tells us that in receiving Jesus as Lord and Savior, He gave us the adoption papers to have the right to become a child of God.  Our position has changed.  Our purpose has changed.  Our responsibilities has changed.  And if we profess to be other than what we really are, then the world has a right to call us phonies!

We are all concerned about what other people think about when it pertains to our earthly citizenship.  But as lot of times, we don't even consider what people perceive of us when it relates to our heavenly citizenship. Titus 1:6 "They profess that they know God, but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate."

As we go about our chores and whatnots, and as we mingle with family and friends, may we not forget to profess to those around us what we really posses inside us.  Th
at we are never alone and that we possess God's lasting peace and grace and that He guides each step of our way.   Let's show the world that what we profess is who we really are.

No comments:

Post a Comment